VPT Inc., a HEICO company, has announced that it is offering a new dual output 15 watt DC-DC converter with no cross regulation error.
Suited for use in commercial avionics, military avionics, and other critical reliability power systems, the new DVAB Series is a small size, extremely light weight, and able to withstand the full range of military specified temperatures. The DVAB Series eliminates cross regulation errors and offers tightly controlled line and load regulation errors through the use of two independent control loops.
Specific features of this new power module include:
- Dual outputs of +/- 5, +/- 12, and +/- 15V
- Wide input voltage range of 15 to 50V per MIL-STD-704
- Extreme reliability
- Very low output noise, 10 to 25 mVp-p typical
- Small size of 1.130″ x 1.460″, light 24/28 grams of weight
- Fault tolerant magnetic feedback circuit
- Undervoltage lockout, indefinite short circuit protection, current limit protections
- Full performance over -55 degrees C to +125 degrees C military temperature range
- High input transient voltage of 80V for 1 second per MIL-STD-704A
- Manufactured in a MIL-PRF-38534 and ISO9001 Facility.
- Meets MIL-STD-461 Revisions C, D, E, and F EMC requirements when used with with VPT’s DVMH EMI filter
- Available flanged and non-flanged versions
- Available compliant to MIL-PRF-38534, Class H
- Defense Logistics Agency Standard Microcircuit Drawing (SMD) pending
The DVAB Series is available with additional environmental screening options for the most demanding of applications, including compliance to MIL-PRF-38534 Class H. Modules are available off the shelf with pricing at $340.69 per unit in OEM quantities.